Construction & Engineering Law
Chambers has a reputation for excellence in Construction and Engineering Law.
For a copy of our construction law and dispute resolution brochure, please click here
The head of our Construction Team, Charles Edwards, FCInstCES MSt(Cantab) MSc(London) Barrister and Adjudicator is dual qualified and a member of the Technology and Construction Bar Association (TECBAR). Testimonials include:
Director (Top 5 UK Contractor)
“...in a recent adjudication conducted against a large multi- national corporation…Charles was instrumental in putting together the adjudication documents and dealing with all correspondence from the opposing side’s solicitors…in an adjudication that proved to be very successful in its conclusion…I have no hesitation in recommending Charles to others and…look forward to working with him in future…”
“...I worked with Charles on a number of complex construction disputes and found his grasp and in-depth knowledge of construction, construction law and dispute resolution to be second to none…”
Director (UK multidisciplinary practice)
“Having had the privilege of working with Charles I can say he is extremely dedicated, precise and utterly relentless. A leading thinker in the construction law field, and an advocate you most certainly want on your side.”
Our members advise on all standard forms of construction contracts (including NEC3/NEC4/JCT2011/JCT2016/FIDIC/ACA Partnering Contracts/GC Works/IChemE and IMechE) as well as bespoke forms of construction contracts. The Construction Team provides first class legal advice, expertise and advocacy in all construction and engineering law matters in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC), Adjudication, Arbitration, Mediation and other Tribunals.
Members of chambers accept instructions from a wide range of clients including, construction and engineering organisations, contractors, sub-contractors, employers, architects, consulting engineers, quantity surveyors, construction claims consultants, developers, local authorities, government organisations, corporate clients, investors and international organisations.
- Clear and concise legal advice
- Contract Review/Appraisal (including NEC3/NEC4/JCT2011/JCT2016/FIDIC/ACA Partnering Contracts/GC Works, IChemE, IMechE, FIDIC as well as bespoke forms of construction contracts)
- Payment and valuation disputes
- Final account disputes
- Extensions of Time/Loss and Expense disputes
- Variations or Compensation Events disputes
- Liquidated and ascertained damages
- Defective work disputes
- Design liability disputes
- Practical completion disputes
- Drafting construction contacts, letters of intent, collateral warranties, bonds, framework agreements and all ancillary documentation
- Adjudication – preparation and defence
- Arbitration – preparation and defence
- Mediation – preparation and defence
- Litigation – preparation and defence
- Enforcement and/or resisting the enforcement of an Adjudicator’s Decision in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC)
- Legal advice and representation in the Technology and Construction Court (High Court), County Court, Mediation, Adjudication and Arbitration
- Appeals in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court
Buildings, Civil Engineering, Housing, Mechanical and Electrical Works, Nuclear, Power, Infrastructure, Residential, Education, Commercial Offices, Sports, Maintenance, Industrial and Rail.
To obtain further information on how Chambers can assist you or your organisation, please contact the Head of Chambers on email@example.com or ring Chambers on 0207 887 6098