Construction & Engineering Law
Chambers has significant knowledge and expertise in the resolution of complex Construction and Engineering disputes. Chambers advise on all standard forms of construction contracts (including NEC3/JCT/FIDIC/ACA Partnering Contracts/GC Works, IChemE, IMechE, FIDIC) as well as bespoke forms of construction contracts. Chambers provides first class legal advice, expertise and advocacy in all construction and engineering law matters in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC), Adjudication, Arbitration, Mediation and other Tribunals.
Chambers accepts instructions from a wide range of clients including, construction and engineering organisations, contractors, sub-contractors, employers, architects, consulting engineers, quantity surveyors, construction claims consultants, developers, local authorities, government organisations, corporate clients, investors and international organisations.
- Clear and concise legal advice
- Contract Review/Appraisal (including NEC3/JCT/FIDIC/ACA Partnering Contracts/GC Works, IChemE, IMechE, FIDIC as well as bespoke forms of construction contracts)
- Payment and valuation disputes
- Final account disputes
- Extensions of Time/Loss and Expense disputes
- Variations or Compensation Events disputes
- Liquidated and ascertained damages
- Defective work disputes
- Design liability disputes
- Practical completion disputes
- Drafting construction contacts, letters of intent, collateral warranties, bonds, framework agreements and all ancillary documentation
- Adjudication – preparation and defence
- Arbitration – preparation and defence
- Mediation – preparation and defence
- Litigation – preparation and defence
- Enforcement and/or resisting the enforcement of an Adjudicator’s Decision in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC)
- Legal advice and representation in the Technology and Construction Court (High Court), County Court, Mediation, Adjudication and Arbitration
- Appeals in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court
Buildings, Civil Engineering, Housing, Mechanical and Electrical Works, Nuclear, Power, Infrastructure, Residential, Education, Commercial Offices, Sports, Maintenance, Industrial and Rail.
For a copy of our construction law and dispute resolution brochure, please click here
To obtain further information on how Chambers can assist you or your organisation, please contact the Head of Chambers on email@example.com or ring Chambers on 0207 887 6098